Thursday, August 7, 2014

NATURE UNDERSTANDS ME


N A T U R E . U N D E R S T A N D S . M E

 For me, nature has a sense of healing. I've always felt a calmness when submerged into creation. Even before I truly knew my Saviors almighty, beautifully artistic, amazing, hand of being THE creator.

 I wonder if many of you feel this same way, this same undeniable connection to the earth. The earth as in, the dirt, the vast waters, the smell of freshness, the green grass, the tiny creatures that walk beneath our foot steps, the sand that meets our toes, the sun shining through the green leaves above, the endless details, big and small, that make our earth function and keep us tiny beings alive.

Well, I feel this undeniable connection.
My soul longs for it.


I find it interesting that I have always felt this connection to the earth. Even when I was walking to the beat of my own heart, I felt it. At the time, I didn't know what this feeling truly meant. But now that I can see it with clear eyes, I know this connection I felt was a connection with my Creator.
He had a big plan for my heart.


Even though I didn't know it, He was revealing Himself to me. Showing me this beautiful art piece of His.

I stood in awe then, and I stand speechless now.

 When I dig my hands into His earth , watching the small pebbles slip through my fingers, I'm reminded of the dust He created man from. When I am wading in His vast waters, I feel his love rush over me like a title wave. When I close my eyes, and feel the fresh breeze against my face, I feel Him breathe life into me. When the warmth of the sun hits my face, I feel the warmth of His love.

I feel peace.  

I praise Jesus for this blessing He has presented to us. It's here, right in front of our face. His words turned into life. All around us.

He speaks to us.
He reveals himself to us.
Every. Day.

Often times I forget that I just have to look outside my window, my tiny self absorbed window and see His creation.

 I get so lost in the world, that I loose sight of His majesty. But yet, here it is, right in front of me. Always revealing itself to me.  
 And when I step just one tiny step onto His creation. He reminds me. He heals me. He humbles me.
Nature Understands Me. And He understands me.
Because He is Christ.
And Life flows from Him.


Jess 

No comments:

Post a Comment