Monday, August 4, 2014

LATTE HEARTS

Yesterday I had an evening out with my husband to celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary. Let me tell ya, I absolutely love my littles (something you should learn now is that "littles" is what I call my kids) and I love being a mom, but when I get those nights out alone with my husband it makes me want to jump up and down like back in high school when the cute boy asked me out (okay that rarely happened for me)! 

I spend everyday with my kids. Everyday I am home with them, loving on them, playing with them, feeding them, wiping their noses, snuggling them, teaching them and pulling my hair out once in awhile. But, I wouldn't change being a mommy to them for anything, but when I get that chance to be only a wife for a few hours, I am more than happy to oblige! 

So yesterday when I walked out that door with just my husband, I was one very happy girl! 

We both live very busy lives, so I told him that I didn't want to talk about work, business, to do lists and pretty much anything that makes me want to curl in the fetal position and cry tears of stress. My request was just a night out celebrating our marriage, our life, our kids and how much God has blessed us. I wanted to laugh together, talk about things that made us smile and just be two crazy kids in love. So that's what we did! 


It was a beautiful night in Downtown Grand Rapids. After finally finding a parking spot we walked to our destination where we would be consuming delicious food. Dinner at Hopcat was what we decided and it couldn't have been more perfect! We got a spot outside, there was a pleasant breeze and I had a handsome guy sitting across from me. 

As I sat there listening to him share stories with me and laughing at my witty personality (hah). I had this feeling of pure joy rush over me. The Lord has blessed me so greatly. This man is not perfect in anyway, in fact nobody is, but I couldn't have asked for a better man for me to spend my life with. I cannot ever doubt his love for me. And bonus! He is an incredible daddy to his littles! 

So following dinner we started walking hand in hand through Downtown Grand Rapids (one of our favorite places to explore) and ended up at a small local coffee shop that was seriously the cutest! We ordered a caramel latte to share and sat outside the coffee shop as we continued to spend our evening together. And to top things off, the foam was shaped as a heart! 




Again, I found myself feeling so blessed to have this man in my life. Thank you Lord for your blessings in my life! Thank you Lord for this man you chose for me to do life with! 





So here is what I want to tell all you mamas out there. Go on a date with your hubby! Or go have some time out for yourself. Take some time to dwell on the blessings in your life. It is refreshing and so healthy for your marriage and for you personally. 


Grab the man you love and skip going to see a movie. Take him on a date where you sip a latte together, laugh together, learn more about each other, and have some time where you can both act like two kids in love again! 





Today I am so full of joy and thankfulness for the evening I got to have with my hubby last night. Celebrating the 4 years we have spent together and husband and wife. 





4 years down and 50+ more to go! 






Elysa 


No comments:

Post a Comment