Friday, August 1, 2014

Untitled.


So it's happening. I'm finally old enough that crying is something I do even when the emotion I'm feeling isn't negative. This is a new thing for me because I spent most of my life this far being able to count the times I cried on both hands. 

Seriously. I wore it like a badge of honor. Like I just fought a war and that was my medal. 

And now I'm 23 and crying has become a completely natural emotion for me since I met my husband. (please don't quote that out of context as it sounds pretty terrible. k, thanks.) But honestly, Jordan has made my heart blossom. I cry because I feel so blessed sometimes and it makes me feel ridiculous, but secretly I love it. 

All that to say - I cried last night as we were sitting on Robinson Lake, in a paddle boat, fishing. I cried because God's grace and mercy is so overwhelming to me that I can hardly handle it. I cried because I caught the biggest fish of the night. I cried because my husband told me he was just so happy to be out there fishing with me. Not huge tears, just little watery eye ones - but a cry none the less. 

And guys? I loved it. It was pretty darn great. 

Did I mention I caught the biggest fish? 

Margeaux

No comments:

Post a Comment